In the previous Runtime upgrades, Bifrost used Sudo (super administrator privileges) to complete centralized governance upgrades. In this v0.8.5 version upgrade, Bifrost opened a democratic referendum for the first time to remove Sudo (super administrator privileges). All BNC holders can participate in this vote and vote on your attitude.
The removal of Sudo is an important milestone in the Bifrost mainnet’s path towards decentralization . Since then, anyone can submit a proposal by staking BNC and propose an on-chain upgrade to the Bifrost network, and all BNC holders will vote to make a decision.
Referendum deadline：Sep 13th, 2021 UTC 11 AM
- Referendum name: delete Sudo
- End block height: #360,612
- Voting period: 48 hours
- Execution period: immediate execution
- Proposal hash: 0xb1c70d9475138dbba5631169582bca42ce18e3ca99830d4d9af7c44b7da62976
5. Choose the voting weight (the longer the lock-up period, the greater the voting weight. For example: lock 1 BNC and select ‘0.1x voting balance, no lockup period’ is the amount of votes with a coefficient of 1BNC x 0.1, without locking; each enactment The lock-up period is 28 days.)
In the next upgrade, Bifrost will initiate a v0.9.0 SALP upgrade proposal . The upgrade content will include the overall SALP module and enable the transfer of vsKSM and vsBond . At that time, users will be able to participate in the mobile betting of Kusama parachain auctions through Bifrost Dapp, casting vsKSM & vsBond, so stay tuned.